Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Band data not functioning on other Panadapters.

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm running windows 10 and version 2.0.17 of SmartSDR. I noticed when I spawn a slice receiver and move it to another monitor make that slice the focus. Band data is not available from that slice, weather it be slice B,C or D. I spawn four slices on 1 monitor and the same thing happens, no band data from slice B,C or D. Am I doing something wrong or is this a problem? I read the manual several times and don't see anything relative to band data when switching slices.

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    Bob,

It sounds like you may be using the USB Cables.  Is this correct?  If so, you should probably look at the setup for the cable that is using the band data in which you are interested.  The settings for the USB Cables are very flexible and I'm confident that with the configuration there, you will be able to find what you are looking for.  If you need more specific help, let us know how you have it setup and what you want it to do and we'll do what we can to get you there.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If you are trying to interface with a logging program, then be aware that some loggers will read it on the other slices, others will not.

N3FJP's ACLog, for example, will read frequency and mode from whichever slice is "active" if you are connected via the API, but not if you are using a CAT Com port.

If you are using something like WSJT-X then there are ways to connect via the TCP that will link specific slice data to the program.

What program are you wanting to read the band data from the other slices?

If, as Eric asked, you are trying to read data out the rig's USB port to a tuneable antenna, amplifier, or other equipment, then I defer to him and others, having never used that feature (I don't have any equipment that uses it.)

Ken - NM9P
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Eric, I'm not trying to do anything out of the ordinary. I'm sending band data to the Antenna Genius to switch my antennas. I've been using it on a single slice (A). It works very well on all bands when using only slice A.

Now comes ver. 2.0.17 of SmartSDR with relocatable panadapters. So I create a new panadapter and a slice called "B" and I relocate it to another monitor. The slice is tuned to 14.250.000 hZ, 20 meter band. I glance at the AG display and it's still got slice A band (40 Meters) chosen when I'm in band B.(20 Meters). Band B has the focus. Obviously the radio is not sending band B band data to the switch. I hope this not confusing.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    I didn't realize we were talking about the Antenna Genius (AG).  How are you controlling the AG band?  I suspect it may track the transmit Slice.  Try clicking the TX in the B Slice.  Does this do what you are expecting?
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Bob, when you say give it the "focus" do you mean also hitting TX on that slice?  I have to hit TX before my remote antenna will switch.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    My bad, the TX flag has to be on to switch band data. Eric thanks a bunch, it's people like you that make FRS great.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes, the TX flag has to be engaged to switch the antenna.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.