Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Automatic key up upon startup

Options
Larry Williamson
Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have ran into an interesting occurrence about 4 times in the last couple weeks. When I am finished for the day I usually leave the flex on 24/7, I do however shut down the computer. 

Here is the scenario.

·         Shut down computer

·         Leave radio running

The next morning I fire up the computer, log onto the radio as normal.

At this point the radio comes to life and immediately goes into transmit mode.

I have tried shutting the program down (radio still will not un-key). I have also shut down the computer completely (radio still will not un-key itself)

Only until I turn off the radio (front button) and re-boot does if come back in a normal state.

Turn back on computer and all is well

This has never happened on any early version

Any ideas on what could be going on here?

Rig—Flex 6500

V1.11.12

Regards,

Larry

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Interesting.  How do you key the radio?  Via a switch connected to the RCA connector on the back or via the front mic connector?

Also when the radio does this, place your mouse cursor over the red TX icon in the lower right-hand corner of the console and a popup will tell you how the radio is being keyed.  This might provide some insight.

And lastly, if you are running programs that connect to the radio and can key them up (digital mode apps for example) Make sure they are not running in a keyed up state when you start the radio.
  • Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

Tim, 
    I key the radio via the RCA on the back (foot switch). No other programs are running on the computer at this time. I initially thought I may have had Fldigi running somewhere in the background, however this has never been the case.

I have also left the computer in sleep mode, however it still has happened.

During this stage of being in transmit mode, I have clicked on both Tune and Mox with no results noted.

I have not looked at the bottom right TX indicator as you have suggested but will the next time it happens.

Rig—Flex 6500

V1.11.12

Regards,

Larry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.