Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Auto TX switch off with system crash?

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have been working remote with the FRS-6700 for some time now. I just worked CQ WW 160 (935 QSOs) with DXLog unfortunately with 1.9.13 (have to use a PC to feed CAT to amplifier) as the later releases have crashed for me (at contest start). 
Now I have experienced system like freezes during QSO where the 6700 TX also freezes with full kW output. Fortunately I can turn it off with Remote ON. But is there no auto TX off functions built-in like what the remote rig boxes have. So when the system enters a crash/freeze like state it turns TX off automatically? 
73 Kari SM0HRP (www.sm0hrp.se).  

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I would guess that it would be possible for the switching transistor or relay could stay in its keyed state in the event of a software lock-up. The Flex has a configurable time to automatically time-out  the transmitter, but all bets might be off during a lock-up.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    You are propably right. But it would be very needed under these circumstances. Wonder how other solve this problem?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.