Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

auto mode by frequency

Options
Scott Oakland
Scott Oakland Member
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Can anyone tell me if the Flex 6400M has auto mode capability like the Kenwoods do? (automatically goes to the correct mode depending on what portion of the band)? I looked but don't see it. I've had the Flex for many weeks lol.

Answers

• Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I have a 6400 and I never found it ... it would be interesting if it was set for IARU region.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    You can create profiles to place you on certain band segments in certain modes.  I have many profiles to quickly switch bands and modes.  These profiles also configure RX filter and eq settings as well as power and antenna settings.  Not exactly what you are asking for but a pretty powerful feature of Flex radio.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Joe is right.  

When picking bands directly or typing in frequencies directly there is no auto-mode feature.

But the profiles do it all.   With profiles you can set band, mode, pan adapter width, gain, various input/outputs etc.  Select the profile and you are good to go.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Scott, I am curious to know which Kenwood radio you are talking about that switches modes depending on band segment.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    That’s how I do it.  The ft8 profile sets everything up for me for that mode and various ssb profiles setup for headset or boom mic use.
  • Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I remain of the opinion that it is not exactly convenient to go to the menu and to the profiles every time you change band without forgetting when the band change is done by a spot received from a cluster. A factory setting made only once would be useful to all users ... then if a special configuration for digital modes or individual settings personal profiles are, they would be a perfect thing.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Scott,
    Not having the kenwood, how does it know whether to do CW or Digital if the frequency is set to 7.074 for example?
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Scott,
    Not having the kenwood, how does it know whether to do CW or Digital if the frequency is set to 7.074 for example?
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The Kenwood I was referring to was the TS590SG. It auto switched to the correct mode depending on band segment (in the case of CW & SSB from my experience). I sold that radio so don't have it to check.
  • N1DZ
    N1DZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Band stacking registers would solve a lot of these issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.