Auto IDer for Flex 6000 series?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Is anyone using an Automated Callsign Identifier with their Flex 6000?   I here lots of Flex 5000s with them on the air these days.  Pretty nice feature.
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 747 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 571 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
Here you go Norm

http://k9dur.info/voice_keyer.html

73's
Bret
WX7Y
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 747 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Bret,
I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with the 6000.  Does it require DAX?   It only seems to work if I'm running VOX.  If I am using the boom mic attached to the Flex and I have the PTT button pushed, it will not transmit the ID.  I'm sure there is something simple I'm missing.

Norm
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 571 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
Yes it requires DAX and CAT just like most all other sound card programs, here are some screen shots of my settings

If you don't get the pictures email me direct at wx7y@arrl.net

73's
Bret
WX7Y

Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4025 Posts
  • 1248 Reply Likes
If you have the PTT already pressed, your mic has priority and the DAX feed will not take over in mid-transmission for the ID.  It won't mix Mic and DAX at the same time.  It would be a nice option, though.  Alternatively, if you were using a USB mixer, SOME Mixers could be set to take the mic line and mix it with the USB soundcard output from the computer.  My Behringer would not do that.
(Edited)
Photo of Norm - W7CK

Norm - W7CK

• 747 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Darn.  That's going to be pretty worthless for me then.  I was looking for something that would Auto ID every 10 minutes especially if I had the microphone PTT pressed.  That's the whole point isn't it?

It's interesting that when I use VOX the auto id works just fine but not when I use the PTT.   Too bad PTT doesn't just trigger the same relay circuit as the VOX.   I've tried using VOX in the past but it just isn't reliable enough.  Occasionally VOX will just stop working mid transmission and it is a PITA to get it going again.

It sure would be nice to know what features were even being considered in upcoming releases of SmartSDR.

Thanks....
Photo of Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

• 381 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
What are you doing that makes this task need automation ? IDing every 10 minutes is pretty easy manually. long file transfers make that more difficult depending on the mode used , but I think programming one's brain to do it is easier than an sound card application.
Andy K3UK