Auto ID on F6500

• Praise
  • Updated 1 year ago
I have missed the auto ID I had in PSDR. So I set out to find a way to have it in SSDR.
This is how I did it.

On my linux computer, the one I do all my internet work on, I use a sound mixing program called Ardour4. It is much like audacity but much more powerful.

I made a sound bite, just my call sign. It is a wav file. I then told the program to loop the track, I set the loop to 10 minutes. After saving the project In Ardour4, I simply start the program and bring up the saved project, press the loop button and thats it.

Then I created an ACC plug for the flex using pin 1 for audio and pin 6 for ground. I used a 4 foot cable and put a mini plug on it to plug into the computer sound out.

On the Flex I selected ACC to on and vox on, I use vox anyways as I use a headset.
As I increased the volume from the linux computer it will toggle transmit and send out my ID wave file every 10 minutes. To much gain will cause distortion. And It does not effect the mic in any way, If I am talking and lose tract of time, the ID will simply talk over me.

This is working really well, but a bit to set up, mostly in Ardour4 software.
I plan to try Audacity to do the same thing and using Dax.

This would have been a great addition to the features in SSDR.
Anyhow, thats my little project.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3002 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3002 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes
I have been working with Audacity, the same functions do not seem to be there for setting loop time.