Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Auto+boot+upon+power

Rick - W5FCX
Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm creating a remote shack, fully automated. Is there a way to auto boot the Flex 6700 upon power up, so there is no need to push the power button on the front panel? Rick

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

7.12 REMOTE POWER ON INPUT

This RCA connector is provided for remote power-on functionality. When the Remote Power ON feature is enable, shorting this connector will enable power on the radio - opening this connector will disable power on the radio. Refer to the SmartSDR documentation for information on how to configure this input.

Jon...kf2e 

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    This a lash up but you could do it this way: Connect a 12 volt relay to as 12 volt wall wart. Plug the power supply in to a I/P remoteable 120 VAC switch. Connect the Normally open contacts to the RCA remote input. When you address the I/P device and turn on 120 VAC to the wall wart, it will engage the relay and turn the radio on. When you remotely turn the 120 VAC off it will deenergize the relay and the radio will turn off. I don't believe there are ways of programming the radio to do this.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Okay thanks
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Just one bit of advice on this route. It will work as Jim describes, but removing power from the 6700 will shut down the GPSDO, if installed, and the TCXO. The result will be a small warm-up and stabilization period, compared to leaving things energized (but not "on"). Depending on your requirements, this might be important to consider.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.