Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Austin we have a problem ....

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
6400M .. This morning I went to 29.66 mhz to test FM mode. Ant 2 selected into 1500w dummy load. I will let the picture speak for itself. After elapsing 2 hours with no joy I observed the issue ... obvious once seen but not expected. Picture attatched. I am running v2.1.32.38 hw version v2.1.32.104 Dont use FM but was trying to test for Gary. Would like someone to verify or not if this occurs in the latest sw version since I dont plan to update till the fix for the HDMI.imgimgimagehttps://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net...?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I don't have a 6400. I have a 6300 and it works fine here with 2.133. No tx inhibit on 29.660 mhz
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Im sure its something im doing wrong unfortunately I deleted all the default profiles to make my own and be able to see them so kinda lost now. And no I dont plan to reset to default too much time involved in finally getting it setup the way I want for hf. Like I said I normally dont use FM at all. So this will go on as a backburner project for a day after I connect to the 6400M with a computer to run smartsdr and can export my profiles so I dont lose them. I only run standalone now and finally got the profiles under control and the kpa500 working with it. Just thought if there was an FM tx and mic default profile maybe someone could share those by picture or text to my email Kd5spx@gmail.com.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Check your transmit bandwidth. 29.7 is the band edge. That is only 4000 Hz away from your carrier frequency.

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited March 2018
    Forgot to mention, this would be a problem if you are running simplex. For repeater operation you should be down 100 kHz with your TX frequency.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited March 2018
    Forget what I said about too close to band edge. 29.66 is 40 kHz away and not 4. Too early in the morning!
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    A little more info just discovered if I choose simplex the out of band goes away and it works fine but if I press the - then enter 100 which supposedly is the std 10m repeater offset then the out of band inhibit shows up again. So how do we do repeaters on 10m I presses on simp but it does not change to dupx either.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Wayne,  You can export your profiles once they are created , then do a reset, then import them back in.  Nothing lost as far as profiles are concerned.  You should export them to preserve a copy in case of a problem or corruption of the internal copy.
  • Keith - AE5XN
    Keith - AE5XN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The offset value is in MHz, so it should be 0.100 instead of 100.  That is likely the issue.  Try that and see if it works.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Make a smaller split so you can see it work and work up. Maybe the split is larger than you think.  I was confused the first time I tried  to do FM 10 meter split on my 6500.

More than likely its trying to go out of band and you dont realize it.  As I said, I was confused and like you dont use it much Wayne,

Rich
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited March 2018
    Wayne,

I just tried it from SmartSDR. I needed to enter .1 in the offset as the offset is in MHz, not kHz.

Try it and then click reverse and the freq should change to 29.560

Dave wo2x

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Verified that I could put up to a 1 for offset now tried 0.1 and sure enough heard it at 29.560 on my R20. The user manuals for the 6400M amd 6600M sure need some more detail ... no wonder new to flex people have such a hard time and some turn into flex haters. The programmer makes it work the way he wants it and it tests fine but the info on how it works and an explanation never makes it to the guy in the trenches trying to use the equipment its everywhere not just here all software seems to have this issue. Thanks for the help I am noting it in the manual.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I owe you all an apology in.my excitement I missed the area of the manual that clearly states on page 71 the 8th bullet point "The offset is in Mhz" RTFM .... duh ... sorry guys..
  • Keith - AE5XN
    Keith - AE5XN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Wayne,

No apology needed in my opinion.  You were having a legitimate issue and sought community help to resolve it.  It's exactly what the community is here for.  I'm glad you added the details of what you were doing for the repeater offset, as that made it clear to me what was happening.  I've accidently entered the wrong value myself and had similar issues.  Enjoy your new rig! 

Keith - AE5XN
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Your not  alone -- We all miss something some times. As a Marine Gunny Sgt told me in SE Asia in the mid 60's  "It's a good day, no blood on the ground and no one died!"  put's in all in perspective :) Oh did I say I was a Navy guy

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hello Navy Guy!! USN ETN1!! USS Ticonderoga! Fixed all the Collins R-390! Still have one!! So what flex needs to do to make the 6600 series perfect is install 35 rotating gears so I have something to fix!!! LOL
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thankfully you didn't run off an become a Flex hater. :)
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Robert Lonn

As a Radioman used a lot of what you fixed. Funny I was looking at R390a's on-line the other day  many want over $100. Great receiver in it's day, but it's just nostalgia now.  73's 
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My R-390A is one of the most quiet receivers of my many receivers I have! Mine has been re-built 100% and works like new. Every gear is right on. Not much to look at compared to today's radios,, but it does have a DIGITAL READOUT!!! :-)
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Someone can change this topic to Solved since I cant figure out how to do it.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Only the community moderator can do that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.