Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

audioengine A2+ Pop every 3 seconds on 6500 NO AUDIO

mark Caton
mark Caton Member
Using Audioengines A2+ on my new 6500. Neither USB hookup or PwrSpk in rear of 6500 keeps the speakers from a POP every 3 to 5 seconds and NO AUDIO. I am brand new to SDR and owning a Flex. Thank you for your time and PATIENCE. I am going to need it, But will persevere!!!!!!!

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I  do not own the speaker brand you mentioned but I have seen where having the gain on the speaker too high can cause this. I think the pop is because you have driven the amp in the speaker to overload. Just a thought!
  • mark Caton
    mark Caton Member
    edited July 2017
    Hello Neal: Thank you for your input and I will DOUBLE-CHECK my settings tonight. Its probably OPERATOR-MALFUNCTION, as usual. Mark-W6WWA
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I have the AE-A2 and have the volume set to about half, have been using with no issues for several years now....
  • mark Caton
    mark Caton Member
    edited June 2017
    Again, Thank you for your thoughts and I will be checking my settings tonight. I will be in-touch. Mark
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Mark

Make sure that the audio level coming out of Smartsdr is not too high, that could also be the cause.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    Or the impedance level of the device connected to the 6000 is too low.
  • mark Caton
    mark Caton Member
    edited July 2017

To K0eoo/K3NC/W4TME: I finally found the problem!!!! There was a short at the  plug-in to the speaker jack (3 Prong) that goes into the speaker. I have other A2+ I use and so replaced a few things and found the culprit. Appreciate all the help and thoughts as to what might be the problem. Audioengine is rushing me out a new power cord/3 prong. Thank you again, Mark---W6WWA

I am sure you will be hearing from me soon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.