audioengine A2+ Pop every 3 seconds on 6500 NO AUDIO

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Using Audioengines A2+ on my new 6500. Neither USB hookup or PwrSpk in rear of 6500 keeps the speakers from a POP every 3 to 5 seconds and NO AUDIO. I am brand new to SDR and owning a Flex. Thank you for your time and PATIENCE. I am going to need it, But will persevere!!!!!!!
Photo of mark Caton

mark Caton

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 559 Posts
  • 191 Reply Likes
I  do not own the speaker brand you mentioned but I have seen where having the gain on the speaker too high can cause this. I think the pop is because you have driven the amp in the speaker to overload. Just a thought!
Photo of mark Caton

mark Caton

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Neal: Thank you for your input and I will DOUBLE-CHECK my settings tonight. Its probably OPERATOR-MALFUNCTION, as usual. Mark-W6WWA
Photo of k0eoo

k0eoo

• 630 Posts
  • 87 Reply Likes
I have the AE-A2 and have the volume set to about half, have been using with no issues for several years now....
Photo of mark Caton

mark Caton

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Again, Thank you for your thoughts and I will be checking my settings tonight. I will be in-touch. Mark
Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 559 Posts
  • 191 Reply Likes
Mark

Make sure that the audio level coming out of Smartsdr is not too high, that could also be the cause.

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9188 Posts
  • 3550 Reply Likes
Or the impedance level of the device connected to the 6000 is too low.
Photo of mark Caton

mark Caton

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Official Response

To K0eoo/K3NC/W4TME: I finally found the problem!!!! There was a short at the  plug-in to the speaker jack (3 Prong) that goes into the speaker. I have other A2+ I use and so replaced a few things and found the culprit. Appreciate all the help and thoughts as to what might be the problem. Audioengine is rushing me out a new power cord/3 prong. Thank you again, Mark---W6WWA

I am sure you will be hearing from me soon