Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

audio difference between digu and usb

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was operating on 17m today and I noticed when I switched from usb to digu the signal level dropped significantly (meaning it was very noticeable).  Likewise when I switched from digu back to usb the sound level increased.  6700/v1.1.3/single slice/single receiver.

Comments

• W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    Don:
    I have the same issue with the FLEX 6500.After Switching the FLEX from USB to DIGU,  If I select the FLEX DIGU Filter bandwidth to MAX, basically the audio level increases. I have gotten use to this Audio Level Decrease in DIGU. Tim W4TME addresses this issue a month ago.   See the related conversation "Audio Volume Changes"...
    Bill  W4EY
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Bill

That was the one I started but that dealt with have multiple slices open.  Perhaps that was not the cause of the problem rather changing between digu and usb.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Check the filter size.  DIGIx filters are usually smaller.  The volume (gain) is directional proportional to the integrated signal power within the demodulator passband.

Also if you use the RX EQ, that can change the gain level downward when switching to a DIGx mode.

When I do a mode compare compare with the same filter size, I do not hear a discernible difference in the audio gain levels between USB and DIGU.

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    thanks Tim, I will check it out later today.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Same bandwidth in USB and DIGU and still a very significant difference in audio level.  It doesn't appear EQ works in the digi modes and I don't use the EQ on receive.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.