Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio Service Issues Only Resolved by Uninstalling and Reinstalling SmartSDR

WK2Y
WK2Y Member ✭✭
edited October 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am running the latest SmartSDR 2.0.19 on a Windows 10 Pro system.  Since the new version, every once in a while I will loose my audio service,i.e., a little red X appears over the speaker in the tray.  The icon tells me the audio service isn't running even though if I check using  services.msc, it says it is.  If I try to stop the service, it never completely stops.  If prior to trying to stop the service, I run the audio trouble shooter it just runs and never completes.   The only way I have found to get my audio back is to uninstall SmartSDR and the DAX and CAT drivers.  Immediately after doing that and rebooting, all is back to normal and I can reinstall SmartSDR.  
I should also mention I also have a Logitech bluetooth wireless headset installed. 
Anyone else having similar issues, thoughts about how to avoid or more easily repair?
Thanks and 73,
Bob
WK2Y

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Any way of narrowing this down, but not using the Bluetooth and see if the same unusual problem persists? Bluetooth, in my opinion, can be tricky at times and I have wasted a lot of time screwing around with it until it finally worked not just on Flex but other services like Pandora.
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    It could be some type of interaction with the drivers, but it is so idiosyncratic and not that often.  It hasn't happened enough that I can see a pattern.  I use the headset regularly for listening and dictation, run SmartSDR with it and 99% of the time all is well.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.