Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio Routing

joe camilli
joe camilli Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Third-Party Software
For many years I have been using a M-Audio Delta 1010LT to route all my audio sources(Flex 5000, Scanner, 2/440 radio, 900 radio and computer) to one set of speakers. This has worked very well. Recently I added Bluetooth and a Bluetooth headset to this computer to get rid of the wired headset.  However when the Bluetooth headset is connected the only audio i hear is the computer's.

Any suggestions how I get the audio from the other devices to route to the Bluetooth head set?

Thanks
Joe N7QPP

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

You could try connecting a Bluetooth transmitter to where you had your wired headset connected and pair with your Bluetooth headset.

• David H Malin
    David H Malin Member
    edited July 2017
    I know the flex is controlled by a computer, but I think you are over thinking it when it comes to the audio.  To me, I rather control my audio with a mixer with faders, eq, etc.    Give me a good clean audio in and out into the mixer and then let the mixer do the rest for distribution of sources.    I don't like the sound of audio through Bluetooth.  To me tone qualities and dynamic range go to ****.  But then again, I hear like a cat....especially the highs.....it's wierd because I'm starting to lose base sound but I still can hear way up.....that's not normal at all.  I haven't found one Bluetooth Headset yet that I'm happy with yet.   Now, wired headsets.....I love tons of them.       David, aa6rv
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Bluetooth devices need to be 'paired', I suspect your headset is paired with computer, not your mixer board. Try turning off computer Bluetooth and 'pairing' headset with Bluetooth transmitter on mixer output.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    If your Bluetooth device is paired and working, press "remote" near the top right portion of the SSDR screen. Works a trick for me and my BT headset.
  • joe camilli
    joe camilli Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    some points of clarification. The mixer is a software one as part of the 1010lt driver. And I am using PSDR for the Flex 5000. Sorry for the cross post

Joe N7QPP
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Joe,
      You may be able to use the window sound system 'Listen' function to route audio from the m-audio device to a windows playback device ( default - bluetooth ? )..
    Multiple windws recording  devices ( inputs ) could be routed to the same playback device..

Just a suggestion.

AL, K0VM

• joe camilli
    joe camilli Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thanks AL,

Works great...

Joe N7QPP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.