Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

audio recorder

K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Will there be any enhancements to the audio recording functionality in V1.4 or V1.5?  I have not seen anything mentioned about it lately. Awhile back we were led to believe it was coming shortly, and the simple recorder was just to get by for the time being.

Is the delay due to the need to get audio in and out of the PC via the LAN connection? If this is the case, does this mean we can expect it along with the audio over LAN mentioned for the next release?

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Eric,
    I hope they add the "black box" feature when it does make the road map.   The "black box" idea  only has 8 votes so far but I think it would be very useful.   Here is a link if you agree and woud like to add your vote. 

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/black_box_recording_add_a_looping_option_to_the_rec...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited November 2018
    ??????
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Eric,
    I probably wasn't clear but this comment below is from the Black Box idea and is basically the same question you were asking.   I doubt we'll get any FRS feedback so will just have to wait and see.   

*******************************************************************************
    Given that LAN Remote will pass the audio over to the PC.  ---  Does that make it easier to support both the "black box" feature as well as providing a method to write the files to the local PC?
    ******************************************************************************

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/black_box_recording_add_a_looping_option_to_the_rec...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited June 2020
    Any chance that an enhanced recorder will make it into V1.4 or 1.5? I'm sure a lot of folks are looking forward to having a functional equivalent of the previous generation, if not better. At a minimum, a simple way to archive the recordings would be nice.
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited September 2015
    Any chance the full recording functionality will make one of the next few releases?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    In the mean time, you can send audio out a DAX channel to Audacity and record great sound.  You can then edit and export to a number of different formats.  Audacity is one of the most popular free audio programs on the net.  At least the best one I have found.

Ken - NM9P
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited November 2018
    Still no improvement to the recording functionality in V1.5?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.