Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio popping while sending CW

Doug - W5WTX
Doug - W5WTX Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
i am getting an annoying popping in the speakers when keying on CW. Same results with two sets of powered speakers or the internal 6600M speaker. Not RF as it pops even with RF power set at zero. I Itried adding QSK delay with no improvement. Any ideas out there?

Answers

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What type of keyer are you utilizing? Are you keying through software via computer or a key attached to the rear panel key jack? Does it happen with both ways?
  • Doug - W5WTX
    Doug - W5WTX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have a set of vibroplex paddles connected directly to the built in Iambic B keyer of the 6600M.  I do not have a computer connected to the rig so can't tell you if it happens with computer keying.  After posting I tried headphones and have the same audio popping as with speakers.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I was initially thinking it was being cause by computer software keying but not the case.
  • Les Hooe
    Les Hooe Member
    edited January 2020
    Wayne, did you find the cause? I think I am having the same issue.. Les K7LES

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.