Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio Distortion and Wifi

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was resting in the shadow, running my 6500 (wired ip) remote using a PC and SSDR 2.3.9 on my local WiFi net, also testing my noise cancelling Bose phones, when I noticed a distortion, or high pitch noise modulation. Swapped phones and it was still there. Opened up my remote Perseus receiver, and audio was perfect. Now, was really puzzeled, and went into my shack, started Maestro, and attached the Bose phones, perfect. Back to my lap-top still poor audio. Disabled the WiFi and hooked up a TP-cable, and the audio was much much improved. Restarting the PC WiFi and audio is back to normal. Very odd, so apparently my WiFi stream causing odd distortion, but only from SSDR... and restarting the WiFi card did the trick, not just restarting SSDR. No dropped packets, good connection. Now that I know how to deal with the problem it's no biggie, but maybe it can be of help to others :)
Now back into the shadow...31C and no rain for 10 weeks.
/Lasse SM5GLC

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

I have a hard enough time finding the bathroom in the morning, much less pondering this problem.

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Holy Smokes, Lasse. This just proves that networks run by HPFM, a form of magic.    Love the shack BTW and your dogs!!!    Thanks for sharing your experience. All information helps in some way. I just had a terrible problem with reverb or echo on my transmit signal.   A factory reset may have fixed it but since it is intermittent, I'll have to wait and see.     73, Jim     KD1I
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    These kinds of problems are built into the internet to insure IT People always have work. However, now that I am retired........
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, it gives us something to do besides XYL projects......  
  • Clarasmith007
    Clarasmith007 Member
    edited July 2018
    My laptop also creates a problem after it is being disconnected from the WiFi. Thus it leads to the audio distortion what is happening in your device also. Another problem that was occurring at that time was when I used to play songs or tracks it was not audible as the speaker of the laptop was restricted to produce sounds.
     It continued for many days, and finally, I went through Firefox Support to get the problem fixed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.