Audio Delay

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Have Maestro B set up on table in my RV. I am running wirelessly to my router which is 6' away and am getting Excellent network status with 3ms Latency RTT with a max of 1384 RTT latency.
Flex 6600 is in a storage compartment in the RV with a CAT 7 cable going to the Router.

Problem is that at times when I transmit I am getting a 5 second delay from the time I start talking into my headset with VOX on from the time the radio starts transmitting and I hear the monitor. This is getting very annoying.

Any ideas as to what can be causing this condition.

Steve . . . WW1SS
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 730 Posts
  • 246 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 833 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
Most likely the wireless to your Router connection..  Always best with direct Ethernet connection.
It could be that there is a lot of traffic on the Router channel you are using.  Have you tried 5GHz connection?  If you must use wireless, that would be the best selection and should be solid at only 6ft away from the Router.

Good luck....  Networking is always a challenge one way or another :)
Larry  K1UO
(Edited)
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 730 Posts
  • 246 Reply Likes
 I have had the same issue with a direct connection from the radio to Maestro with the cat 7 cable. Even replaced the cable and same issue.
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 695 Posts
  • 139 Reply Likes
Wow, that is huge delay, My radio is out in my shop about 120' away using old cat5 cable and I have about 300MS or so of Delay and some of that is the TX1 Delay I have turned on. 
I have noticed that ever once in a while my Delay goes to about 1 second at this point I do a 30 second 13.8 V Power reset on the Radio and it is corrected, and other times a full hard reset is required and that does it and I have to load my profile back on, I leave my 6700 on ALL the time as a Radio server and run 100% remote.

YMMV
73's
Bret

Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 730 Posts
  • 246 Reply Likes
Im gonna try a different supply on the radio next. I am using one of those switching supplies about as big as a pack if cigarettes. Gonna put my 35a astron on it.
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 695 Posts
  • 139 Reply Likes
Yes that is a good Idea, your probably lucky with a Power Supply that small that you didn't damage the radio or scramble the brains of the radio,  The Radio requires 23 Amps of clean 13.8V +- 15% DC from the power supply (usually 14.2V works great)  see Page 13 of the manual.
There are tons of great switching Power supply's out there,  just make sure you get one that has enough Current AND Voltage and doesn't have a bunch of birdies (noise).  I personally like the Alinco DM-330MV series, the ones I have here are very quite and work well.

73's 
Bret
WX7Y