Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

audio change on station relocation in room

Options
KI4P
KI4P Member ✭✭
well, my 6400 is doing something odd, been running on about 48 to 50 on mic gain, just bouncing in red a bit, always reports of great audio, using a Heil 781, tore station down and moved to other side of room along with all antenna coax, i did change to a RCS 8v with a single coax coming in, now when i got most everything hooked back up, audio on slider not near red and reports of low audio, had to push mic gain up to around 70 and seems to stay in red, but people say audio is good, kinda sounds destorted to me when i record and play back, tried reloadig mike profiles and this one has me scratching my head, swr's still like they were, any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Answers

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    What about the +20dB preamp? 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Because you changed locations in your shack I am thinking RF? Can you try transmitting at 5 or 10 Watts  no amp,,or to a dummy load and see if things settle down?
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yep, it's on
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Well been transmitting at 1 watt to record and play back. Went to default 781 mic profile, seems a little better
  • Ray Sylvester
    Ray Sylvester Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    the rc8 switch has a option of soldering 2 pins on each relay to short unused coax to gnd . that should cure your rfi problem
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    You really think it's an rf problem, don't hear any RF in the audio, I'll try that, thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.