Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ATU spec question

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
The FlexRadio 6300 covers 6m, but it looks as if the optional ATU is 160-10m only.

Can somebody please confirm this or ortherwise?

Mni tnx, de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT

Answers

• John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Under the ATU description it clearly states ..."The optional,  FLEX-6300 automatic antenna tuner capable of tuning antennas up to 3:1  or better on 80-10m and 2.5:1 on 160m and 6m."

John

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

This clown is just testing our goat or trying to stimulate conversation!

The foul weather in G4 land must be getting to him or he is just simply lonely.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bet he is part of the Anan group
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    On the 6300 page, the ATU description CLEARLY says (copied and pasted):-

"Antenna Tuner Specifications
    • Matching Range 80m – 10m:  Optional, 8.3 Ohms – 300 Ohms
    • Matching Range 160 and 10m:  Optional, 16.7 Ohms – 150 Ohms"
    I have not found anything like that which John quotes above. Why would I have reason to doubt the specs on the page of the rig I am buying?

Cannot bring myself down you your level of politeness chaps, and I tried <vbg>.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    From what I understand, the tuner in the 6300 is the same that was put into my 6500, which works fine on 6 Meters.  

Your clip is obviously a typo, because it gives specs for 80-10 meters, and then gives additional, but different, specs for 160 and 10 meters.  It would be illogical to assume that they intended to put out two different specs for the same band.

As for the snarky name calling you received.  I will encourage everyone to keep it civil, please.  This is a friendly group, and we are better than that.

Ken - NM9P
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Ken.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    The shopping cart item lists the correct specs it seems.  So yes, looks like a typo.

http://cart.flexradio.com/6300-ATU-Option_p_932.html
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Read it yourself under description at the bottom of this page

http://cart.flexradio.com/6300-ATU-Option_p_932.html

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.