ATU is not working correctly on my 6700

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
I hooked up my G5RV test antenna to try out the 6700 on 80 thru 10 meters. The SWR varies on each band but is in reasonable range, but not 1:1

As an example, on most bands the SWR is between 1:15 to 1:2.5 without the ATU engaged. Clicking on ATU shows the "success" message, but the SWR reading either stays the same or gets worse. What is going on with this? I expect to see SWR 1:1 on the bar meter after engaging the ATU successfully, is this unrealistic? Is the ATU not yet working?

Dave, W5UN
Photo of W5UN_Dave

W5UN_Dave

• 315 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of W5UN_Dave

W5UN_Dave

• 315 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
OK, now I see. One must click on TUNE, then click on the ATU button, This seems to be the way, NOT keydown and clicking on ATU. Any comments?
Photo of W5XZ - dan

W5XZ - dan

• 564 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
yup, ATU doesn't play right on cw...unless you hit tune first, or switch to ssb; known bug; they're on it...
Photo of Sergey, R5AU

Sergey, R5AU

• 836 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Dave, I am not sure what that a issue, I have equal algorithm on my 6700, but you are right, natively from the "old" radio, just press ATU should initiate complete process.
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
on my 6500,clicking tune drops power to set tune value of 20 watts but it does not tune althogh atu is active. Then I click atu and it tunes but the power goes right back to 100 watts during the tune cycle. If then while this is happining I click tune, the atu stops. could be me and not the radio. mayb e someone can comment?