Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ATT iPhone X Personal Hotspot problem

johna8119
johna8119 Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Maestro
Can’t get Maestro to login to above hotspot I find the iPhone personal hotspot wifi on the network screen. I select it, and I get the password prompt. After entering the password screen, the display reverts to the password entry prompt. Even after multiple (correct) password attempts, the Maestro never successfully logs on. Any suggestions? I’m at a motel where the bw fluctuates wildly, and even the low bw connection is unreliable. Thanks John

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I would try rebooting your phone!! I have found this to fix many issues I occasionally have.. Also be sure to swipe your screen to see all the apps that are open, and close them all out! Good Luck..
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    sounds like the Hotel may have a captive portal (a we page that basically authorizes your mac).  Maestro does not support this authentication type at this time.  You can search the community I think a few have found ways around this, but they are fairly creative and may not be that easy.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    reading again and  if your phone is able to get online.. that is probably not the issue.  not sure. 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Are you trying to use 4G on the iphone or WIFi to connect to the internet? If ur trying to use the iPhone X as a hotspot via Hotel Wi-Fi it can’t share internet connection on Wi-Fi.
  • Chuck - W9WLX
    Chuck - W9WLX Member
    edited July 2019
    Does your iPhone have an apostrophe in its name? That is the apple default and it’s also used for the SS ID on the personal hotspot. The maestro does not like apostrophes in the SS ID name and will behave the way you described. If there’s an apostrophe, take it out and you should be able to login just fine.
  • johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I should have responded earlier.  Chuck's response is exactly correct.  After removing the apostrophe, I was able to log in normally.  I was surprised that the iPhone hotspot's bandwidth is sufficient for an excellent, reliable connection.  I have been using 4G--not using WiFi.
  • Robert Kearbey
    Robert Kearbey Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have had to use iPhone personal hotspot because of captive portal issues in Reno

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.