Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - DUAL-GTX1060-6G 6 GB GDDR5 Memory /Asrock x58

elan
elan Member
is Asus VIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - DUAL-GTX1060-6G 6 GB GDDR5 Memory 
will be working okay with my Asrock x58 mother board  with the 6700 some issue to open all 
slice 
or it is over **** ? any help ?
73 elan g0uut

Answers

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited December 2019
    Way overkill, but it will work great.  Absolutely no problem running up 8 slices + skimmer, etc., etc.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I agree. Waaaaaaay overkill. A high-end gaming card is not necessary. And graphics card that has a gig of 128-bit GRAM and supports the latest version of DirectX will be sufficient.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Well, it all depends guys, there are a few things to keep in mind. The 1060 card is a fantastic deal it offers enough power to run many screens and several resolutions. You could, for example, have a main 4k monitor and additional ones at different resolutions all on the same video card. Another very interesting feature is having HDMI 2.0 which allows you to connect to some of the new 4k televisions and use them as monitors with at 60Hz and chroma 4:4:4.

For SmartSDR in a 24 inch screen, even embedded video cards work. The guys are right, in that case scenario, it is overkill, but it will give you many other features. It is almost like considering the 6700 overkill. ;) 
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited December 2016
    hello Tim 
    okay thank you but what card will be okay then i use may be old card 
    is ASUS GTX950-M-2GD5 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card is any good 
    many thanks to all who help 
    elan g0uut
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    thank you is ASUS GTX950-M-2GD5 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card any good or what is normal one i can use 
    with the aSROCK X58 ?

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That card is a great deal and will run SmartSDR at 4k without an issue. And remember that SmartSDR will go all the way to 4k which is fantastic!
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited December 2016
    what one the  ASUS GTX950-M-2GD5 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card /?
    thank you kind 
    elan g0uut
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Yes
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018
    and you haven't really lived until you've run SmartSDR on a 4K monitor -- it's the way to go!
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    hello Robert 
    may i ask you what card you using 
    thank you kind 
    73 elan g0uut
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi Elan

I am running an NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti card with 3GB GDDR5 for almost 2 years now.
    It works great with 8 slices on my 4K resolution Asus monitor using the DisplayPort.

73, Bob
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello Bob 
    thank you kind for this info 
    vy 73 elan g0uut
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm ok with

Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard
    Intel I7 4790K 
    Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum Series 16GB x 2 DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz
    Gigabyte AMD R9 380 256 Bit GDDR5 4GB

enough room to do what I need

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I use 2 x 29" ultra-wide monitors (2560 x 1080 resolution ) and find it a superb setup.

One display is dedicated to SSDR in fullscreen. I can see detail in the waterfall that almost cannot be heard, and could easily be skipped over otherwise.  I often find low level DX that way, i.e. visual clue hunting not just chasing up and down the bands like VFO monkey. 

The other monitor has all my logger, rotator, grey line, mapping, SteppIR control, propagation stats on it.

73 de Steve G1XOW
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited December 2016
    thank you George 
    vy 73 elan g0uut
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited December 2016
    hello Steve 
    i dont know if you use the 6700 but thank you for the info
    73 elan g0uut

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.