Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

arrl grid square contest

Options
roger na4rr
roger na4rr Member
edited March 2018 in Contesting
I was wondering if anyone is actively chasing the arrl grid grid squares?  Thanks
Roger 

Answers

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sorry ... I realize to each their own, but honestly, this does seem a lame notion and a waste of good RF!

W7NGA dan
    Seaside, Oregon
  • roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Well I dont  think many are activity chasing.  The way it works is if both people upload to lotw then the contacts show as grid square contacts for the contest.  You dont even need to make the exchange over the air.  If you load to lotw you are participating by default. This shows a lot more activity than what I think is real.
      I was big into the 2016 parks on the air as it just happened to coincide with my 3 month rv trip of the Lewis and Clark trail.  

Roger

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.