Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ARRL 10m contest cw file

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Contesting
I'm gonna do a little work in the 10m contest and spent some time this am to setup N1MM and figure out how I want to work things.

In my testing my CW message file got really corrupted.  Anyone know where I can get a cw message file with the correct stuff for the 10m contest?  I've been searching about but have not found one yet.

Thanks

Comments

• km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015

Also I have found two ways to access these files

When you select a contest two tabs will be available for the contest 1. the contest tab and 2. the associated files tab

1. Contest tab: from here in the show setup box there will be at times a pathway to locate relevant .MC files

2. Associated files tab: I just found this in response to your post and that is the sample function keys link

Once you have all of your function keys defined for a specific contest then right click any of the function keys and select file in the upper left then select save these messages to a different function key .MC file name

As you probably already know, the next time you work this specific contest you will just have to go to it's associated file tab, select change for the appropriate function keys and load the file that you just named.

Hope that helps.

• Mike
    Mike Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    On a semi related point....is there some "trick" to get N1MM+ to send cw? I've tried any number of ports, winkey checked and unchecked and I cannot send cw via n1mm+
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    What kind of cw keying device do you have interfaced to your computer?
  • Mike
    Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just figured out technically none. Guess the SDR doesn't support n1mm+ totally at this point. I need to hook up a winkey to the radio.......learning curve.

• km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I have not looked into it, but I think there is a way to interface n1mm w/ cwx w/o needing an external keyer. I like my wkusb so I have not looked into it but have seen quite a few threads here describing what needs to be done to accomplish this.
  • Rich, K0PIR
    Rich, K0PIR Member
    edited February 2016
    I was using N1MM to key CW. Try this: http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50119.aspx
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    N1MM+ can send strings to the CWX on the 600 series using CAT commands.
    I am not in front of the rig right now, but someone posted some samples a while back about how to build your own message file.

THe problem I had was that it kept sending only 59 or 5N for signal strength using the imbedded macro link instead of 5NN.  So I simply hard-programmed it to sent without using the imbedded link.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.