Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Are there any Flex users net's on the west coast?

Craig Williams
Craig Williams Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in New Ideas
I see some really old posts on this question but nothing recent. I think it would be great to have a weekly west coast Flex users net.
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If you can hear each other..lol  conditions?
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Me too but such awful band conditions right now!
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I've tried the weekly Sunday net @ 19:00Z on 14.329, but haven't heard a thing lately.  Sure, I'd be interested in a west coast net..
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tried to talk with Dudley at Flex. 
    Back a few years ago, the net was going hot and heavy. However, the way I understood the situation, either Flex or Dudley where advised that the net operation in the amateur band was or may be in a conflict of interest: Since, Dudley was an employee of FlexRadio.   
    The net continue but the organization was not the same. 
    1. There has been a Flex net operating on 7.169 kHz Sat/Sun morning; that the West coast may hear, since is/was run by WS7M in the morning. I think I remembered hearing them a few years ago, when I lived in San Diego.
    2. There was/is net operating from the East coast Daily on 7.192 kHz operated by VA3WTB. Which I was hearing a year or two back. However, they could not hear me or ignored me. lol
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm in Yuba City, North of Sacramento

• Jon Turner
    Jon Turner Member
    edited May 2018
    WW6ZZ Jon in Alameda CA: 40m might work best
  • Steve - K6SRS
    Steve - K6SRS Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I’m in. Need a test time and freq. Craig, your idea. That makes you Net Control. LOL.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That was never considered a net on 7.192. But there were a few of us that got together every morning around 11:00am  
    We did a lot of audio work helping others EQ and set their radios up for best audio sound, it became busy each day.
    But with the conditions now we still get there but for me I have trouble hearing people so I listen if I can.

Ernest, we always listened out for others, sorry we missed you....
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I started a list of western USA Flexer's who would like a net on 40 or 80
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Believe me.. there are some serious Flex power users on the west coast. de N6WM
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    N6YFM is West Coast, Los Angeles area.
    40 or 20 would work best for me.
    Rather few of us have good 80m antenna's at any height.

Neal
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I would be happy to join from Yuba City, CA  Not a power user though :(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.