Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Are there antenna persistence software

KB4AAA
KB4AAA Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Are there any 3rd party software to lock/change which antenna port is used per band? I have a 6600 running barefoot with a hex beam 6-20m on Ant 1 and Fan Dipole 40&80m on ant 2. If I switch bands by the band button in ssdr it remembers everything correctly but if I am using any cat control software like wsjtx it just stays on the last antenna the slice was on switches bands and then I have to go back to ssdr and change the rx and tx antenna then go back to wstx kinda defeats the purpose of cat control.

Answers

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Check out the section on creating "Profiles" and you will very pleased with the results!
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

This slightly changing the subject but I use the Palstar HF auto for remoting. It has three antenna ports and can be programmed to auto switch to the programmed port by sensing the frequency.
  • KB4AAA
    KB4AAA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I do have profiles setup but they do not work using other software using cat control its just like if you manually type in a frequency in the slice tuning flag that is on a different band, the profile settings go out the window
  • KB4AAA
    KB4AAA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jim, Yeah thats kinda what I am needing only with 2 ant inputs so I can use both scu's in the 6600. Its a shame ssdr doesnt have a radio setup to set the band settings for each antenna port. 

Looking through Flex's cat command api I do not see any to set the TX and RX antenna so I might be out of luck anyway.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Creat a profile per band, then when you change a profile for a band  all the settings will be there. So call a profile 40m  80m  and so on.
  • KB4AAA
    KB4AAA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Maybe Im missing on how profiles work if I setup profiles for each band then wouldnt I have to still change to that profile manually and then wouldnt It change all 4 slices to what ever state that I saved it in.

I am switching bands via wsjtx  for instance If I have 4 slices open 
    Slice A SSB 
    Slice B Wsjtx 20m Ant 1
    Slice C Wsjtx 40M Ant 2
    Slice D Wsjtx 80M Ant 2

If I use Slice D Wsjtx and switch it to 17m meters to see if its open it will switch frequencys but the TX and RX ant still stays on Ant 2 I have to manually go and change slice d to ant 1, then if I want to go back to 80m I have to switch the slice d back to ant 2. 

I am looking for something if any slice is on 6-20m then use Ant1 if any slice is using 40 or 80m then use Ant 2

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I used 4o3a Antenna Genius for my FLEX 6600  I change bands and it follows me to all the correct antennas.
    Jim WU5E

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The transmit profiles take care of this. Just create the TX profiles and whenever you change bands the correct antenna will be selected. It's pretty easy to set up. Look at SO2R_TX1 and SO2R_TX2. Once you have this set you can go to any band and be on the correct antenna.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Check wsjt-x Radio setup.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.