are profiles shareable

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
are profiles shareable? Can I export mine to send to someone else to use on his Flex? If so, is the a repository somewhere to store and share profiles, 
Photo of Jamie WW3S

Jamie WW3S

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Ted  VE3TRQ

Ted VE3TRQ

• 234 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
From the SSDR User's Guide: "Note: You can load profiles created by different FLEX-6000 models without any adverse interactions. If the target radio model does not have the same resources as the source radio, such as the number of available Panadapters and Slices, the target radio’s resources and capabilities will take precedence."
Photo of Jamie WW3S

Jamie WW3S

• 59 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks Ted....is there a file area somewhere for people to share profiles or doesnt that happen much? 
Photo of Ted  VE3TRQ

Ted VE3TRQ

• 234 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
I haven't seen any profile sharing repositories, but then I'm a Flex newbie :-)
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 629 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Just export your Profile's using "SSDR" under the "Profiles" Tab and save it to a google drive or one of the other WEB Drive resources and share it with your friend.
You do want to click off the items you don't want to export to someone like MIC profiles and USB Devices for instance.

This is very easy to do and I don't think having these on a public repository would ever be of much use because EVERYONE'S operating station and Practices are different and if someones loads up a broken Profile it could be a nightmare for people especially for new people. 
73's 
hope this helps
Bret
WX7Y