Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

are DAX settings saved in Profiles ?

jim
jim Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
  What am i doing wrong    my DAX settings  are not saved in  global profiles 
6500    smartsdr 1.3  dax 1.0.5.116 and   amartcat  1.3  
windows 7   i7   64 bit 
thanks 

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Jim,
      I don't think there was any attempt to save the DAX settings in global profile .. Its a different app from SSDR and SSDR doesn't know how DAX is set up other than which ports to talk/listen to...

My approach has been to always leave DAX run at default setting and RF output set to MAX and the control the output power with the TX level control in the modem program...   But that only works if the modem program has an output level control..

AL, K0VM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    DAX is a separate FLEX-6000 client application; its settings are not radio hardware specific data, but DAX client software specific and are not saved as part of the radio's global profile data.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

@Tim - Would it be possible for Profiles to include an external software table of settings that external software like DAX could access through the API?

Very much agree that 3rd party software is not FRS's responsibility, but thinking ahead saving additional settings-tables might be a very user-friendly feature making SmartSDR even more awesome!

Steve

K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.