Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

arb704 required for Flex5000a?

Can I connect my Ameritron AL1500 relay directly to the Flex5000a without having to use a piece of buffer equipment like the ARB704? 

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    Required? No.  Recommended?  Highly.  A buffer relay is good and inexpensive insurance to prevent damage to the radio.
  • Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Yes you can-- no reason to need any type of relay! I set the delay at about 100 ms and it works great.

Cheers

Larry

• Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

I guess I could throw one in line----- sure won't hurt anything!

Larry

• Edward Savela
    Edward Savela Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks to all responders. Ed/K8EA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.