Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Apple Airport Extreme

W1MSG
W1MSG Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am using an Apple Airport Extreme router and cant get a green light on the ports for Smartlink. I have entered them in the router config but its a red light every time. Is anyone using the Airport Extreme with success ??

Answers

• Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Can you try entering the IP for your Flex in the DYNAMIC HOSTS field. DMZ for Apple routers. BTW love the pi-star videos
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2018
    Things to check:
    1. Is your router behind another router?  Double NAT will cause problems without additional configuration in the router upstream.
    2. Make sure of the internal port numbers you are forwarding to -- these have to be 4994 (TCP) and 4993 (UDP).  These are the ports on the radio that are listening.  For simplicity, I typically just forward the same external ports to those internal ports on the radio's IP address.
  • W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I tried doing the DMZ but still no joy .. Thanks for the thumbs up on the Videos. I want to do one on the Flex 6400 and Dogpark SDR but struggling with some of the set up stuff.

• W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I tried that, even disconnected everything else to make sure there wasnt anything grabbing the ports .. This is a real head scratcher
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Does the router have the most recent firmware?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My settings attached. Make sure you have assigned a DHCP reservation for your Flex. Reboot the Flex after setting it, so the DHCP server can assign it properly. imageimage
  • W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Very strange .. So I booted Windows in VMWare and fired up SmartSDR and got the green lights after I unregistered and re registered the radio on smartlink. Still red lights with Dogpark in OSX. I will not let this beat me LOL
  • W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks George, shows I was doing it right just different ip address.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    These settings work well. No uPNP, manual ports forward as defaults. Yes, the numbers seem wrong, but the results are right. image
  • W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes
  • W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for all the responses. I have managed to get it working. I am using manual port forwarding with 2100 2200. Able to connect with my iPhone with no issues. Thanks again ! This is what makes Flex Radios Great !  The Users !

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.