Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

APPCRASH

Options
Jerry W2TXB
Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

Got this error message and SSDR had to be shut down and restarted. Also powered down the radio (6700... took ~30seconds) and restarted it.

Any ideas and help are appreciated.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: SmartSDR.exe

Application Version: 1.2.1.49

Application Timestamp: 53611ffa

Fault Module Name: clr.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.0.30319.18444

Fault Module Timestamp: 52717e84

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0019ff59

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: f808

Additional Information 2: f808516e6c707f824f162c986fe8ece3

Additional Information 3: faf6

Additional Information 4: faf65f5ba5b3e4e35225d03eee8a8df1

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This error indicates that a component of .NET 4.0 (clr.dll) is what actually crashed when recovering used memory (garbage collection).  I would recommend running Windows Update first and install all OS updates.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I had done all the updates on 4/30/2014 (following a re-install of Windows 7), including the .NET 4 and 4.5.1, and the log shows they installed successfully at that time, as did everything else. The only other update was for the security bug in Internet Explorer 11.

Just for the heck of it, I ran Windows update three times during the past hour; on the third run, it picked up a security update (KB2835361), but that was all. I installed that and rebooted the PC and the radio (with power disconnect/reconnect). So far, so good; I will keep an eye on it

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.