Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

API TCP/IP Port

Dick, W3OA
Dick, W3OA Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm just returning to writing applications to work with the API.  As I recall months ago the TCP/IP port reported in the Discovery UDP appeared to be almost random.  So I was surprised when I looked at a Discovery message yesterday and saw the TCP/IP report shown was 4992.
Can I now assume that 4992 is the port to use for TCP/IP messaging with the API?
tnx and 73 - ****, W3OA

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    It has always been tcp/4992.  The return port back to the client will be random.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.