Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

API status message with incorrect frequency

Doug - K3TZR
Doug - K3TZR Member
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
When starting SmartSDR, If I monitor the status messages sent by the radio to SmartSDR the initial status message has the wrong frequency. I'll describe the conditions, it's easily repeatable.

Open SmartSDR, select 40 meters, create a slice at 7,250,000 (lLSB) and a slice at 7,300,000 (LSB). Close SmartSDR. Open SmartSDR again while monitoring the status messages, you will see the following (I've filtered the list to only show messages containing "RF_frequency":

As you can see the first status message containing "RF_frequency" says that Slice 0 has a frequency of 7,270,704 (incorrect!) and is immediately followed by another status message with the frequency at 7,300,000 (correct).

Similarly, the first Slice 1 message has the frequency at 7,305,000 (incorrect!) followed by another status message with the frequency at 7,250,000 (correct).

Although the result is that the correct frequencies are displayed it seems strange that this sequence of events should occur. I believe that it requires multiple (2?) slices to see this occur. I haven't tested many other scenarios.

Flex-6500, SmarSDR 2.2.8, Windows 10.0.17134

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Good find Doug.  We'll look into it.  Thanks for reporting this.  For tracking, this is #6424.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Eric.

I only found it when I introduced an error into my client code that ignored everything but the initial frequency received. Once corrected my client works fine and ignores the wrong values (as does SmartSDR).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.