Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

API Primer - a work in progress

13»

Comments

• Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited January 2017
    To answer my own question, I think they are IfDataWithStream.

I'll make the appropriate changes and put out a new source and executable in a few hours after I do some more checking.

BTW, I think I'll also make the SEND button clear the Command field (after the command is sent), it seems tedious to have to clear it manually each time.

Thanks very much for your help in correcting my mistakes. One of the big benefits of sharing the code / app is feedback like this.
  • MikeBurns
    MikeBurns Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Delighted to make my contribution. I'll be putting up my code in the near future.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited October 2018
    Does anyone know if you can change a meter's "fps" (frames per second)? For example is there a command like:

c<seqnum> | meter 5 fps=1

Which would set meter #5 to one frame per second.

It seems like there should be but when I send it I get back a reply with the 50001000 message (basically, it doesn't know what I mean). I'm monitoring the "+13.8B" and "PATEMP" meters and it seems a waste to have them set to 10 frames per second.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited January 2017
    Today there is no command to change the meter rate.  The interval used to send the meter is stored with the meters already in the radio as a data item and we could easily create a command to change these values, but it's not there toady.  The meters are sent whenever a meter quantum is reached and meters are ready.  For example, if the quantum is 30ms and the meter is a 50ms meter, then at quantum 0, the meter will not be included in the meter packet.  At quantum 2, the meter will be ready and will be sent.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Steve, it's not terribly important, I just thought I had read it somewhere and when I tried it, it didn't work.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Are you programming in C# ? I have been meaning to get started learning that so I can port the DJ MIDI program from "Processing" to C#. But I got sidetracked along the way. This discussion it piquing my interest again! Ken - NM9P
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi Ken... Yes I am. I'm dividing my time between a C# getting started book, Mark's videos and tutorials and Gary's code (way above my head right now). I'm using Visual Studio 2015 Community... free and fun.

Kev

• Michael DK6JU
    Michael DK6JU Member
    edited January 2018
    John, where can i find your API primer now? All the dropbox-links do not work (error 404).
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    HI Michael,

I don't know where you are looking but the link from the API Wiki, at http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=Main_Page works fine for me and that is the only place where I plan to maintain a link.

I need to review the Primer! There have been some changes since I last edited it.

73, John, G3WGV

• Nathan Odle
    Nathan Odle Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi, all the dropbox links are broken, is it possible to get a copy?  Thanks!
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    This still works.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    This still works.
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The link from the API Wiki, at http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=Main_Page works fine for me and that is the only place where I plan to maintain a link.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.