Anyone with luck marrying WSPR-x with FLEX-1500

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Can't get the 1500 to Xmit. Work fine with WSPR - that is WSPR not WSPR-X.

Photo of Vern

Vern

• 64 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew Russell

Andrew Russell

• 244 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes

Vern,

I have used PSDR F1500 and WSPR-X for a while.

See screen shots attached. I am emulating TS480 as that's what I used to start off. Also VAC and VSP manager. Just PTT. Can't get CAT to go.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

(Edited)
Photo of Vern

Vern

• 64 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Had unexpected results. It started decoding data. I didn't mention that problem as I wanted to tackle 1 issue at a time, However, I still do not Xmt. I'm emulating Kenwood TS2000. Using MME & a virtual cable. Had WSPR & WSPR-X connected to same virtual cable and both decoded well. Win 7 here. 

I'm receptive to additional hints?

Vern
Photo of Al K0VM

Al K0VM, Elmer

• 559 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
CAT and PTT are virtually the same problem..  both require virtual serial ports... What VSP software are you using and what ports have you defined..  With WSPR-x you must have a port pair with one end in the com1 to com9 range..

Once you get CAT going, you can use either a second port pair for PTT or use the PTT via CAT method.

AL, K0VM
Photo of Vern

Vern

• 64 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Use VSPMgr.exe. Since I last posted I have WSPR-X running/working. In fact both WSPR & WSPR-X are using data from the same Virtual port as it should. But I used the "try this try that" method to get it working and NOT a keystroke was recorded? I have two virtual pairs assigned: COM8-COM18 & COM9-COM19.. Hopefully someone can make some use of this. I will try to attach pics.

The images are for what they are worth.

Tks for the interest and help. I may need more!

Vern

(Edited)