Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone else excited for January?

Michael - N5TGL
Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Not too much time to wait left.... I am really looking forward to DAX and putting my SignaLink USB back on the shelf as a backup! Hopefully this will also bring remote operation since DAX is active? DSP enhancements (hello to a hopefully effective NB!) and RIT/XIT (man I have been missing those!) Can't wait!

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    DAX, RIT/XIT, DSP improvements, 4/8 slices/pans, and some additional persistence will make this like a new rig all over again! Sitting on pins & needles here!
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I am beside myself with anticipation! Feel like I'm five years old again waiting for "Old Man" Santa!
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited February 2019
    Totally do not understand what DAX is other than it's some sort of software form of soundcard? Will DAX also work with PowerSDR?
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    It allows the radio to look like a sound card to the computer. It has nothing to do the Power/SmartSDR except when you adjust a receiver slice, the resulting audio through the sound card connection is affected. Now the 96kHz I/Q streaming. I do wonder if that will be compatible with third party UIs.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Michael, Maybe we will get an early holiday present from Flex? That would be a nice surprise ... Keep the faith! - DAX - DAX - DAX - DAX -
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Unfortunately, no. It's just a feature of the 6000-series allowing streaming audio to/from the radio (really a radio server). Does for the radio server what VAC does for PC-based processing. Sort of :-)
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Unfortunately, no. It's just a feature of the 6000-series allowing streaming audio to/from the radio (really a radio server). Does for the radio server what VAC does for PC-based processing. Sort of :-)
  • Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Lets not forget.....(AVERAGING) Tim indicated it is in testing... I have nothing against software releases AHEAD OF SCHEDULE.... When I was the head of Software Development in industry, I would get a BONUS when I beat a Schedule..... Hi Hi
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Assuming that you beat the schedule, and that it was RIGHT! hi hi.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It will be interesting how DAX and third party software will play together. I think this will require a whole new breed of digital programs. If that's the case maybe FRS will have one for the faithful.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Amen to that!
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm almost 70 3 CVA's 2 MI's I'm confident Flex will give me the software I need to enjoy this Great Radio. And I plan on enjoying it for a long time.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    edited October 2016
    Averaging would be the best bonus ever! I must've missed the post that mentioned it was in testing. Can't wait to be rid of the spaz-o-matic display!
  • Michael - N5TGL
    edited October 2016
    It won't require anything in terms of new programs. It will work like VAC does, you'll just see audio channels that you can point your existing S/W at.
  • Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I'm 60 and also confident but keeping the audio board alive just in case Santa is late!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.