Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone using the 5000 for satillite work and tracking freqs for doppler shift, some say it works wi

I have a TS2000X but also want to use the Flex 5000A I bought used with 2RX and tuner and
vhf and uhf boards in it and auto tuner.
Some say Dxsuite works with the 5000 for sat work and HRD and SatPc32.
Im setting up a new Leo antenna system and was going to use the SatPc32 and the LVB
tracker to track the antennas and the SatPc32 can adjust the TS-2000X freqs for doppler
shift. I wonder is there a way the Flex 5000 can do all the same that the 2000 can and plus
have the bandscope which is nice for finding the signals fast.
Looking at the Yaesu G5500 rotor and the new Alphaspid which they say you don't need
the LVB tracker if you are using their rotor and controller.

Im sure I can operate the Flex vhf,uhf manual and adjust for doppler shift but wonder is
there a way to have it done automatic.

Im glad to have this Flex5000A and will have fun with it Im sure.:)

Answers

• Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I have the same bundled 5000A and believe that with SatPC32 it is the best satellite radio out there and I've owned a few.. Ask Dave W0DHB for his FlexSatPc software. Have fun 73, Rick W2JAZ
  • videorov
    videorov Member
    edited September 2015
    I will have to look Dave up and his software, thanks for reply and info about
    Dave. Im just trying to find these things out and Im setting this system up.
    Im trying to decide to on the rotor either the Yaesu G5500 which have been around
    for a long time and the LVB tracker or go with the Alphaspid and their controller, they
    cost more but wouldn't need the LVB from what they say. The Alpha rotor would still
    be more Im thinking but they might last longer with trouble free service, not sure.
    Maybe I will find all this out here on the forum, I hope so.

• W0DHB
    W0DHB Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You can drop me an email at dave at w0dhb.net and I'll get you some documentation as well as the software. SATPC32 with FlexSATPC make the 5000 a killer satellite setup. Dave W0DHB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.