Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone using the 1A2R

AH0U
AH0U Member
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I want to use my Alpha 9500 amp with my 6700 but that gives me one amp with two radios... Anyone in a similar situation using the 1A2R by 4oA3???

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Not sure I understand your question... What is the second radio? The alpha doesn't have 2 inputs? I don't have the 4O3A but I think the question is not clear maybe that is why you are not getting answers.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    You are absolutely correct, the Alpha has only one input but the Flex has two outputs. 4o3a has a remote switching device to switch the Alpha, or any other amp. in line of the input for either Fkex output on the 6700 and switch the PTT lines so you can have. QRO SO2R operation with one amplifier
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    http://www.4o3a.com/index.php/products/antenna-switchers/1-amp-2-radio-switch/ Seems pretty straight forward device and 4O3A means top notch quality. Without personal experience I think it could work for you. Good luck, and maybe someone who has used it can provide some insight.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2018
    If you didn't get an answer, I recommend contacting 4O3A support (support@4o3a.com)
  • DL2CC
    DL2CC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I own a Expert2K amplifier and would love to do SO2R with that - the 1A2R might help here.
    But one main question remains, how do you get a reliable hardware CAT information for the two different antenna outputs?

I have not been successful in converting Software to Hardware CAT output from DDUTIL for two independent Slices.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Not sure I understand your question but I use it with the Antenba Genius and it works great... Just set your profiles to use the stock SO2R TX1 and 2 so when you change slices the correct PTT switches the amp to the correct radio
  • DL2CC
    DL2CC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I understand all about the PTT and COAX switching, but how do you tell the Amp which QRG to tune to?
    This all makes sense only if the AMP is fully Auto Tune and Switches between whatever bands the two "Radios" have.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Some amps such as the 1.3K-FA have 2 CAT inputs. I would imagine that the Power Genius XL would be much more sophisticated in this regard. 
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If you using FLex 6k, DDUtil follows the qrg of the slice selected for transmit

AL, K0VM

• DL2CC
    DL2CC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Al, I now again tried DDUTIL and until now i was using the "Repeater" function, which didn't seem to follow the TX slice.
    I've now switched to "Passive Listener" which does the Job quite nicely.
    The QRG doesn't seem to be sent too periodically and my Microham Stationmaster complains, but the Expert2K doesn't - it nicely Switches following the TX slice QRG whenever it changes.
    So thanks! That one is solved. I'll now order a 1A2R with 4O3A - let's see if that does the Job.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016

Tim

I cant keep TX! and TX2 enabled at the same time...I have SO2R set to TX1 on ANT 1 and TX2 set to ANT2 and both TX1 and TX2 enabled works great until I change ANT from one to the other then TX2 goes to disabled...is this a bug??

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.