Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone using new 6400-6600 with Acom 600S and have band sensing operational?

Options
sky
sky Member ✭✭
Asking if anyone has had success connecting the new 6400/6600 model to the Acom 600S amplifier and having the band sensing feature operational. The Acom 600S predates the new Flex 64/6600 units and does not list/ recognize Flex.
The few existing posts about this Acom 600S connection issue are all quite old and deal with the 65/6700 models.
Anyone have success with band sensing (freq counter in Acom) with the 6600 or have information/suggestions? Thank you.

Answers

• K1SZO
    K1SZO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I sure hope so as this was the amp I was intending to purchase for my KX3, but would love to be able to hook it up to my 6400 also.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Not me but my Palstar LA-1k works flawlessly with my HF Auto and flex. Just a quick 1 second hit of the tune button on the radio and you are good to go
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The 6600 /6400 will interface the exact same way as the 6700 / 6500's 
    You will need the FTDI cable plugged into the USB port on the back of the Radio the same as the 6700/6500's and it is in the FLEX 6600/6400's.
    Found this VERY QUICKLY doing a Google search https://morsetutor.com/2016/12/flex-6500-usb-serial-to-acom-600s/

Looks like you can use RS-232 cable to talk to the AMP in order to BAND steer the AMP  so be sure to buy the right cable for the type in interfacing you wish to do.

the Flex radios ONLY work with the official FTDI chipset cables. 

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • sky
    sky Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks for your assistance Bret.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.