Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone using an ICOM PW-1 with their Flex 6000?

KF4HR
KF4HR Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I found a similar question posted 2 years ago but I'm wondering if anything new has come about since then concerning interfacing the the ALC voltage range difference between the 6700's ALC range (-4 to 0 vdc), and the ICOM PW-1's ALC range (-10 to 0 vdc).  Do the newer software versions allow the 6700's ALC range be adjusted with now?  If not, what are my option(s)?

KF4HR   

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Two options. Make a voltage divider with a. Couple of resistors Better Use DDUTIL and just use autodrive. To set the max drive levels. I used DDUTIL for years with no problems. Plus you don't get the distortion caused by ALC
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Howard.  I went ahead and downloaded DDTIL V3 and have been looking it over.  I assume when the autodrive parameters are adjusted correctly there's no need for an ALC cable?  Do I have that correct?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Correct
  • Mike_W7TUS
    Mike_W7TUS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I never could get the ALC to work properly with the PW1and I was very happy with how well DDUtil worked with the PW1.  Definitely the way to go.  I also drove my SteppIR controller using the second remote port on the PW1.    

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.