Anyone try to use a PW-1 on aFlex? When I get my 6600M would be nice if I new it would work on it. Thanks Brad

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Icom PW-1 working on 6600M
Photo of Brad

Brad

• 36 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 146 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
I've used a PW-1 on my Flex-6700, no problem at all, although I suggest using the the DDUtil program to preset the drive levels on each band.
Photo of W1IMD

W1IMD

• 51 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
I'm very happy you've had no problems with your PW-1 and your 6700. We finally gave up after trying to make the CI-V interface work and the unending issues of it working and then not working and trying to figure out what happened. We used DDUtil as well.
Photo of Ed Johnson

Ed Johnson

• 62 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I offer a module called the W2PH AutoBandSwitch that allows any Flex 6xxx to control a PW1.  It even supports pass through features.  It does not use the Flex's CIV at all freeing it up for logging or other software.  ed@w2ph
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3642 Posts
  • 1473 Reply Likes
Years ago I had a PW-1 with various Flex

Use DDUTIL to control the connection and see DDUTIL site for deatails

Works seamlessly with a Flex
Photo of Brad

Brad

• 36 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Had a FT-1200 hook up to it, the only thing didn't like was it did not band switch auto. I only drive with 45 watt and still get 900+. It will handle 100 watt drive. Will look at the DDUTIL. If I remember the 1200 was hook to the ALC and PTT. Looking for the 6600 as am down to IC-7100 now. Thanks All Brad

Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3642 Posts
  • 1473 Reply Likes
With DDUTIL it will automatically band switch