Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone tried to use DX log and SO2R with 6000 series?

DX Log has some nice features for SO2R with scripts and flexible switching functions for audio from radios in different ears. Has anyone got it to play well with Flex 6000 series? In addition you can train morserunner in SO2R mode as well. In DX Log you may choose radio as Flexradio but nothing more with respect to any model number. 73s

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    That's been on my to do list.  I have tested with WinTest..   In that capacity I choose kenwood as the radio.

thanks for the reminder I will play with it a bit.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OK fine. DXLOg is really nice with the SO2R integration with Morserunner. No excuse now for not running SO2R in all contests or serious Dx for that matter :) BTW I am running 6700 totally remote so this makes it a little bit tricky to test features 120 km from radio site....
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    I finally got DXLog to work by using Winkeyer and set the baudot rate to 1200! Not 9600  - will not work.
    Even using SO2R and OTRSP makes it work great!  
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Kari if possible can you document all the DXLog settings and send to me?  Raw screen shots of your setup pages, etc.  I would like to document this for the Flex Ham Contesting Community.  thanks in advance.  n6wm @ largeradio <dot> org.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    Sure I will do it coming days. 73 Kari
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited November 2016
    What is our email adress? 73 Kari
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    this is it..  just broken up for security... 

n6wm @ largeradio <dot> org

• Ivo I7/9A3A
    Ivo I7/9A3A Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Hi Karl
    can you please send DXLOG and Flex 6700 SO2R settings to [email protected]. Thanks, Ivo I7/9A3A
  • Ivo I7/9A3A
    Ivo I7/9A3A Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    FYI,
    DXLog now fully supports Flex virtual ports and Winkey seems to be working OK. Currently under testing, I hope it will be soon on the Flex list, fully integrated for SO2R.
    73 Ivo I7/9A3A, 4U13FEB till end March 2018.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Ivo, nice to work you this past ARRL CW. I have downloaded the trial version and I'm setting it up at home to test a few things. Looks very familiar to Win-test and CT.
  • Ivo I7/9A3A
    Ivo I7/9A3A Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Glad to work you in ARRL, just playing around for a while.

Yes, CT/WT/DXL are all similar, which is good  - no need to learn all shortcuts and functionality.... DXLog keeps adding more 'user friendly' contest features, e.g. two keyboards, integrated Morse Runner for dual band practice etc...so I want to switch to DXL. The WT was fine with Flex 6700 except that R2 had a delay, which makes SO2R difficult/not practical. Just installed the DXL trial version, OTRSP was not functioning properly, but I need to check settings, I hope it will be OK. 

73 CU Ivo I7/9A3A
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited February 2018
    Ciao Ivo, 
    Sounds interesting. How you tested in SO2R? A month ago I tested but it sent  a lot of erroneous CW signals. 
    I strongly recommend Writelog. In my opinion the most rapid SO2R switching among all logger programs. See set up here: http://remotedxandcontestblog.sm0hrp.se/2017/12/16/tutorial-how-to-integrate-wl-with-flex-6700-for-s...
    I will soon upload a videpo woth their new awesome Contest Simulator. Just fabulous,
    73s Kari 

• Ryan - NC4RA
    Ryan - NC4RA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thank you for the update. I’ll play with WriteLog this week. I’m still undecided in which so2r contest logger to go with.
  • Ivo I7/9A3A
    Ivo I7/9A3A Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    DXLog Winkey now sends perfect CW, no delays on R2 that made WT unusable for SO2R...9A5K has now upgraded it to support Flex virtual ports and although I have not used it for full time contest operation, I think itnwill be perfect for those who still follow CT layout, graphics and shortcuts. It is tailored to serious contesting, SO and Multi op, with some nice features. I am testing development version, so you can only avail of the new features once they will be released. SO2R' and SO2V has some nice options, two keyboards, logging layout etc. which makes operating after 40 hours a bit easier...after many CT/WT years I think I will now embark on DXL&Flex combination as the most user friendly one... Ria, can you mail to me SO2R profiles for mixed mode contests? 73 Ivo I7/9A3A, 4U13FEB currently...
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited March 2018
    Hi Ivo, have you tested live SO2R with a 6700? I can help out if you want too
  • Ivo I7/9A3A
    Ivo I7/9A3A Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes, not full time but all seems ok. I need to do profile for mixed contest, if you have send to [email protected] Just finished 40m pile up using remote Maestro... 700 qsos this evening as 4U13FEB
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited September 2018
    I have just spent some short time testing the newly released DXLog version and I can say it is much more improved for Flexradios. Previously experienced crashes seem not to occur now which is positive. For you new to DXLog it is a developed Win-test like software with unique possibility to simulate SO2R with Morserunner even with 2BSIQ.
  • Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi all
    Has any full configuration help file been published anywhere ?
    Just purchased DXlog and still struggling to configure it....
    Thanks + 73
    Paul F6EXV
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    Bonsoir! Have you looked at my old settings. They should apply. http://remotedxandcontestblog.sm0hrp.se/2017/02/26/dxlog/ A bientôt es 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.