Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone seeing strange ATU operation in v3?

WA6FXT Mike
WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
ATU operation in v3 is strange. My 6700’s ATU operation is quite strange, since upgrading to v3. Setup: Flex6700, Limited Edition Maestro ‘A’ model Local network, 6700 via Ethernet, Maestro via WiFi (both on same subnet) SteppIR, controlled via USB serial cable on the 6700 When I change bands, my SteppIR tunes to the new band and shows an VSWR of about 1.5:1, which is fine; however, when I hit the ATU button, the radio does a single quick Tx and illuminates the ATU button. When I retest the VSWR, it shows the same value, 1.5:1. When I reinstall v2.4.19, the ATU operates ‘normally ‘... The radio does several Tx operations, relays click and when complete, the VSWR is 1.1:1 or better. Yes, I know that 1.5:1 is quite good and that if I did some small SteppIR adjustments, I could get 1.1:1 directly. The ATU will be needed on my 6m - 80m End-Fed wire antenna, when it goes up. Anybody else seeing this? 73’s de Mike wa6fxt

Comments

• WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Tim, Thanks. I look forward to the v3 maintenance release. Mike
  • len
    len Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have the same issue. It tunes then bounces back to bypass.
  • KL4C
    KL4C Member
    edited January 2020
    My ATU issue has another manifestation: SmartSDR (on local computer) ATU function works properly most of the time in all modes, but on my Maestro the ATU only works in a mode with carrier. I know this general area was reported ~ 8 months ago, has the proposed fix been implemented yet? Thanks!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    KL4C, there has been no new updates as yet.
  • KL4C
    KL4C Member
    edited January 2020
    Thank you for the update!  Happy New Year, and here’s to a turn around in the solar cycle this year!

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I'm glad to see my 6500 wasn't alone  :-)  I knew something had changed but I wasn't sure if it was something failing in the hardware or my antenna.  Anxious to see the new release.  In the meantime, I will stay with the new release.  I'm really enjoying the Multi and control features!   Happy New Year to all...   Mike   W1BFA
  • L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have a similar type of ATU tuning problem with V2.6.1 and my 6500. Worse yet once tuned the tuner jumps out of tune when I transmit on 80m. Prior to the last upgrade, the tuner worked flawlessly.
    Very frustrating!
    Can we get the previous ATU tuning software back pls?
    From my perspective it was very good.

Lloyd
    VE3ERQ
  • L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have a similar type of ATU tuning problem with V2.6.1 and my 6500. Worse yet once tuned the tuner jumps out of tune when I transmit on 80m. Prior to the last upgrade, the tuner worked flawlessly.
    Very frustrating!
    Can we get the previous ATU tuning software back pls?
    From my perspective it was very good.

Lloyd
    VE3ERQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.