Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone see this issue before?

KF4HR
KF4HR Member ✭✭
Booted SSDR this morning.  Software started a usual.  I could hear signals but no pan or waterfall activity.  I thought it might be a Router connectivity issue so connected an Ethernet cable from the Flex-6700 directly to my PC, but got the same thing.  Then rebooted the Flex, but got the same thing.  Any ideas?

Butch
KF4HR

Comments

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have seen it once, rebooted PC and all was better..

David
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I have that at times but I use the antenna genius and I have found that sometimes it does not boot up even though the software shows it connected
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    maybe something with the network is blocking some ports? Did anything on your network recently change?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Try rebooting your router, also.
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yes it happened to me last week as well. My issue was the Flex window remained minimized, even clicking on the taskbar icon didn't do anything.

My fix was as follows:  hoover your mouse over the taskbar icon of smartSDR then a small window preview will pop up (mine was completely black) then right click it and select maximise, voila smartSDR window re-appears..

This never happens with any other software I use, somehow smartSDR does not reset itself..

So far only seen this once. running 1.7 now

Note that even a Full uninstall and re-install didn't fix the issue for me, I really had to do this hoovering and maximise steps ...
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I solved the problem by uninstalling SSDR (I'm still running v1.5.1), and reinstalled it.  Not sure why this was necessary, but it fixed the problem.  Works fine now.  Thanks for the input.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I suspect something modified your PC firewall that was blocking the VITA-49 data stream and reinstalling it remodified the firewall settings.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.