Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone noticing any Radio lock-ups with 2.1.32?

2»

Comments

• Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes, I had that issue with my 6300 - finally gave up and sold it as ssdr just not reliable enough for my contesting needs. Shame the same or similar issue has found its way into the latest 2.0 version of ssdr too. Once again it only seems to be affecting some radios. Hope frs can finally get to the bottom of it in both versions as I'd still like a 6600 at some point, once ssdr catches up with openhpsdrmrxps and my Anan 7000. Steve gw0gei / gw9j
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    As you see, many people are using there Flex for contesting lately, and some were 6600 with great or winning results.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2018
    My Etch-A-Sketch is still running flawless too. I have not done any updated to it in50 years. It just keeps working.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I find it amazing that none of the alpha testers or beta testers or charlie testers found any of these bugs. Maybe they need new testers that know how to break stuff.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This is the amazing thing about software development, how to release a perfect update. You simply can't. It is the general public that will catch things as there are many more of us then testers. KK9W if you were a tester and something got through, what would you say? Could it happen?

I had a Iphone that got an Apple update and it bricked my phone, I was not pleased.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The Alpha team has been very well aware of the problem from the gitgo, and there's been continuing discussions about it, but we're not the ones who are able to fix things.  That's in the hands of the programmers, who I'm sure will get to the bottom of it all.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2018
    So I guess what you are saying is Flex knew about it beforehand but made a decision to release it anyways because possibly the new models were about to ship
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    There are always going to known bugs.  The decision has to be made whether they are serious enough or not to prevent  a general release to an impatient user base.
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    A number of us are still waiting for DAX corruption issues to be addressed...
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bill, I think a lot of people might not know that they can roll back to any other version they have on their machine. I always keep older versions of SSDR around.

Like Foghorn Leghorn says "Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an occasion!"
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I am pleased for them Bill, that they are not in the minority that have had the disconnect radio crash bug with 1.11 or 2.0 versions of ssdr. I was patient for over nine months or so then decided it wasnt worth the risk of investing £5k in a new 6600 (which is still not shipping in the uk anyway). The 6700 has just been discounted down to £5k by one of the uk dealers - if I was confident frs had sorted out the disconnect bug i might be tempted by the cheaper 6700 with its 2m - but a safer option is to invest £1.2k into a top of range kuhne 2m transverter for my anan 7000. I am sure the 6600 will be a good so2r contesting radio but not until the reliability bugs are sorted for 100% of users. 73 steve gw0gei / gw9j

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.