Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone knows where early Flex 6x000 series radio owner by the name of Greg is?

Ernest - W4EG
Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Here is a picture of the Greg I am asking about.

He posted many valuable comments and ideas during the early release of the Flex 6x000 series radio, but I have not seeing anything for the passed several years?

Answers

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    AB7R ?   His profile says he is "taking a break".  :-/

http://www.qrz.com/db/AB7R

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Looks like he has moved to a SunSDR from his post on QRZ.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Richard & Neal ...Thank you

But what does SunSDR means or is?
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Its just another SDR transceiver,  20 watt rig from Russia.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Okay tnx Neal...
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I think he posted somewhere he was getting out of ham radio for motorcycles or something

73  W9OY
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Ernest, SunSDR here:  http://eesdr.com/en/
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Yea, sometime is necessary to test a some other ways for own self
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I think Greg has moved on from the SunSDR as well and is taking a break.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Sergey,

I visited the eesdr.com website and the only thing I will say is "Thank you Flex Radio for your open forum. Where anyone is able to comment on any posting; regardless of their question or comments."

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Ernest, i think we should be open for any opinion and message within Hamradio topics, however OffTop  should be isolated or moved under other subject, but i like Flex forum with our open behavior and my 6700
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Amen Sergey....  I fully agree with you.. Thanks
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I am looking forward to be on the air by then; now that I have received the HOA approval. 
    i will be putting up a Hy-Gain 18-HT Hy-Tower and as many radials I can bury in the St Johns river.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Ernest and everyone.  Still alive and kicking.  Did you have any questions?

BTW Steve is correct.....I just could not do with a radio that would not mitigate the electric fence popping on the display.

Greg
    AB7R
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    It would be interesting to see if the NB in 1.5 solves this issue.

I know that you are not still in the hobby, but maybe someone nearby with a Flex could stop by for a quick test.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hi Bob.  Should not be necessary....anyone near someone with horses should be able to tell.....most have some sort of electric fencing configuration I think.  Always open for a visit though :)  So long as I am not out camping with the ponies.

The station here has been pretty much dismantled.  The Tower with the Optibeam is gone.  I did leave a provision for putting up an 80M extended zepp should the need arise in the future. :)
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    If I could remember how to post a pic here I would post a shot of the new rig.
  • Tony Taddeo
    Tony Taddeo Member
    edited December 2016
    I also have a station in a location with electric fence noise on 160 and 80m. The current noise blanker implementation removes the noise from the received audio and turning off averaging removes it from the band scope. Could not be happier with my 6700 and the flex radio experience. Tony
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Drag and drop the image into the post box

.image
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Tim.  :)

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    It would not remove the noise from the audio completely but it did help...nothing I tried would get it off the display.  The lower bands were terrible with the pulse humps covering ALL signals on the display.  I'm sure they've got it figured out for 1.5.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Nice rig Greg!
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thanks.  Not exactly an SDR.  :)  Had to drive up to Alberta Canada to get it.  This stop was at the Customs station in Eastport, ID.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I hope so, Steve...I have a nearby electric  fence that just started acting up about two weeks after I got my new LP antenna up.  (No, it isn't just the better antenna, it also shows up on my other two antennas!)  I plan to go talk to the folks, but have not had time when they were available......
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Superb Shack on road !

Flex or SunSDR inside (provocative question :-) )

Take care !
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hi Sergey!  Sounds like you are doing great...that is good to hear.  No radio in the horse trailer yet.  I doubt I will install anything for awhile....that is sort of the XYL's domain if you know what I mean. :)  I don't see getting on the air much over the winter unless it is from K6KR's QTH to do a contest or two.
    Greg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.