Anyone else having problems with QRZ today?

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
Anyone else having problems with QRZ today?

Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 845 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 827 Posts
  • 274 Reply Likes
Yes.

Photo of bahillen

bahillen

• 162 Posts
  • 57 Reply Likes
Down for maintenance. Not seen estimate of return. Looks like a significant update/upgrade.

Bill W9JJB
Photo of Jim  KJ7S

Jim KJ7S

• 187 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
More like a major break. When they had the last big upgrade, and it took a few days to complete, they told us up front what was happening. This time seems different, and as of 02:19 utc they are still offline, even the dns servers are not seeing QRZ right now.
Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 845 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
Just before it went down my page was completely screwed up. Management of it got assigned to the ham that previously had my call a decade ago.  My Platinum subscription was gone.

Then I got an email to my registered address that was intended to the previous owner saying that they were told their call was changed from the call I now have to a different call. That change actually took place over a decade ago!

It looked like they  were processing changes from many years ago as if they happened today

I had to create a new account just to submit a ticket with screen prints and shortly after the entire site went down.
Photo of Mike Presnell

Mike Presnell

• 53 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I was affected directly.   They updated off an old FCC update, which messed up addresses on a bunch of accounts.   They got on it right away, and took their site down for a while so they didnt send out bad info.   Should all be fixed now.
Photo of Neil D Friedman N3DF

Neil D Friedman N3DF

• 246 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
Working fine here.
Photo of Gene - K3GC

Gene - K3GC

• 251 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Completely fubar - got an Email from them stating that FCC had instructed them to change to the old (prior to me) call.
Needless to say, I pitched a fit.  Now, my basic site and call are fixed but all my pictures are missing.  When my membership comes due I think I will need to explore options.  This mess has destroyed all trust in QRZ.
Below is what I  received last night from QRZ

Dear K6ZV,

> We have received notification from the FCC that your callsign has

> been changed from K3GC to K6ZV

> Your QRZ account has been changed so that your login account name

> is now K6ZV.   Your login password remains the same as before.

> We have attempted to move the pictures and bio information from the

> old callsign to the new record.  Please check the web site to make

> sure that everything looks OK.  The direct link is

Photo of Mike Presnell

Mike Presnell

• 53 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Gene,  I know how you feel...  I got the same email, was locked out of my account, and then I notified QRZ immediately.   But, to their credit,  they emailed me back right away (at night) and worked on it to fix it.   At least I had better luck than you , and didnt lose photos.   Sorry to hear that happened to you. 
Photo of Gene - K3GC

Gene - K3GC

• 251 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
to top it off the attitude I got was that they could not guarantee recovery of the pictures and that I should add pictures.  Some of the pictures can not be replaced - my bad.
I will certainly be looking for other alternatives  in the future
Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 845 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
QRZ just fixed the subscription problem I had that resulted from yesterday's problems.

All is well now