Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

anybody tried the new HEIL HBA (Heil Bluetooth Adapter) on the 6500 or 6700?

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
going to get a PR-22 and HBA at Dayton. just wander if anyone has tried this option.  I hate to tried to the radio. having a Blast with my 6500. Thanks to all American manufactures that build Rock Solid Ham gear. 73 Jim WU5E

Answers

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I bought the HBA but have not tried it out.  Still sitting in the box.  I was talking to the people at Heil and they say they use it all the time down there.
  • Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited August 2017
    I don't use the Heil, I use a Jabra wireless headset instead.  It lets me go just about anywhere on my property and still be able to yack on the radio.  I love it and would not consider anything else unless it could guarantee a huge improvement.  The Jabra is designed for Phone call centers and provides comfort and excellent audio quality in both transmit and receive.   It isn't blue tooth but instead uses RF that gives you a range of 110 meters and to me, that is awesome.  I'm often on my back patio, working in the yard, or working in the shop and still able to talk to my friends on 40 meters. There is a mute as well as on/off on the headset.   I have no affiliation with Jabra, I just love the product.  You can find them on eBay for a reasonable price (less than $100).  There are several models, mine is the GN9350e but there are other models that work just as well.  Mine allows me to connect to the rig via the phone cable audio in/out, or you can use it as a USB device as I do.  As a USB device you use DAX and there is a little delay but it is perfectly doable.  I use the USB because I can eliminate cables to the 6700 and I can reserve the phone line for a different rig.  Same headset, two different rigs and all at the push of a button on the Jabra base unit.  Elegant and simple - gotta love it.

Sorry if this was a little off topic.

Norm - KL7RS

• Wayne Cox
    Wayne Cox Member
    edited August 2017
    I have 2 ea for the HBA  I wish the RX unit had a XLR  in stead of a 1/4 phone plug

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I love my HBA, works great. I get very good audio reports.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.