Anybody used this Walmart $182 laptop/tablet with SSDR?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago

Neat little Quad-cord 11.6 inch touch screen computer, dirt cheap.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-Flexx-11-with-WiFi-11.6-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Windows-8...

I have the older 10 inch one and it will work with SSDR, but I haven't spent much time with it. If anybody is using this newer one, please let us know how well it works.

Jerry W4UK

Photo of Jerry W4UK

Jerry W4UK

• 35 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts

• 205 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Looks cool!
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 863 Posts
  • 187 Reply Likes
Jerry, I think the only real difference is screen size. I too have the 10" version. It runs SSDR ok, with 1 panfall open. Haven't tried two. And it runs my test program which currently has one panadapter, but no waterfall.(yet) I ran mine all day a couple of Sundays ago with my program and using William's software and a CMD Microcontroller.(USB) That worked good too.

I think the Nextbooks would not handle SSDR well over a long period of time. But, then again, for the price and used sparingly, they would do ok.

James

WD5GWY
(Edited)
Photo of Lee

Lee, Elmer

• 677 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
I haven't used this particular notebook but I have used a version of this processor (1.3ghz with 2 ghz memory) and it ran SSDR and skimmer or ssdr with 2 panadapters no problemo as long as you want.  If you open a bunch of programs you can run it out of resources but when my main computer went down in the shack this little computer kept me on the air

73  W9OY

(Edited)