Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anybody else occasionally lose TX1 amp relay output?

Barry N1EU
Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
This happens perhaps once a week - does it happen to anybody else?  Out of the blue, I suddenly lose the 6500's TX1 output that keys my amplifier and I need to perform a reset.  It's not much fun performing a reset and losing all my settings  ;-(

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016

Perhaps you are getting RFI from your amplifer. You might put a meter on the keying circuit without using the amplifer, or bypassing the amplifier with the key circuit working and see if the problem goes away. If not, must be something else.

Jim, K6QE

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I've never had any RFI issues of any sort.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Barry, I had issues with this due to my incorrect settings in ddutil. But for me it was almost every time I restarted ssdr. Each time I had to re-enter the tx-1 settings as they would change. 73's Joe WD5Y
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Barry,
    When it happens can you go into the radio setting and see if TX1 has been set to Disabled?

If so, does resetting it to ENABLED fix the problem.

I had a similar situation a while back and have a work around but want to see if this is the same issue first.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW......... V 1.5.1.70
    SSDR / DAX...... V 1.5.1.152
    CAT................... V 1.5.1.0
    Win10

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Al, I didn't check that this time around but did once in the past and it was enabled.  But I'll keep in mind to check in the future when it happens again.
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    What settings in DDUtil potentially disrupt TX1 out?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    AutoDrive status and how you have it setup.
    73, Jay - NO5J

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My workaround was related to the TX profiles which was disabling TX1.  

My understanding is that the database schema for TX profiles is being changed in V1.6.   So that is something to consider as it may solve the problem I was having. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    Win10

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Barry,
    More about the TX profiles here in this thread.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/a-third-profile-category-for-hardware-settings

I think V1.6 is going to implement something along the lines that was discussed. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    Win10

• Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Jay, Thanks, for posting. That is what I had incorrect, the auto drive settings in ddutil. It's been some time back so can't remember specifics but I do remember going back thru the auto drive options. Thanks and 73's Joe WD5Y
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Joe 

I still haven't figured out exactly why I stumble into this from time to time. But my workaround fix is to double check what I have DDUtil doing. I think it's just a DDUtil feature or setting that collides with a saved profile/persistence setting. Sometimes all I need to do is re-toggle OPER/STBY in DDutil.

73, Jay - NO5J 
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I've seen this on occasion.  I put a macro in DDUTIL that allows me to toggle on the RCA 1 jack on the TX keyline.    line 19 is the toggle command that address slots 053 and 054 in the DDUTIL macro database  contain the on and off command DD6TXL0:x;

19 RCA 1  DDTG08:053:054;

53 RCA ON DD6TXL0:1;
    54 RCA OFF DD6TXL0:0;

I also use this command to allow me to toggle a remote tune with my MFJ-998 when using my amp.  I ALWAYS tune using this macro so I never hit the tuner with full power.  17 is the toggle 65 turns off

17 TUNE DDTG04:065:066;

65 TUNE ON DD6TXL0:0;DD6TXT1;
    66 TUNE OFF DD6TXT0;DD6TXL0:1;ZZXS0;

DD6TXL0 sets rca off or on  DD6TXT sets tune off or on ZZXS turns the XIT off or on 

So if I tune on an active freq I first set the XIT to a clear freq and turn it on, hit button 17 and the RCA turns off (therefore shutting off my amp) TUNE turns off, and my tuner will cycle if necessary.  I can watch the SWR change if I am running remote.  Once tuned I hit 17 again and the TUNE turns off and the RCA turns back on and any XIT I may have engaged is cleared.  

I have a third toggle for setting XIT +2

18 XIT+2 DDTG13:073:074;

73 XIT+2 ZZXS1;ZZXG+02000;
    74 XIT off ZZXS0;

This one automatically sets the XIT to +2000hz and turns it on, and then turns XIT off when toggled.   +2000 is not always clear but quite often it is clear so I don't tune up any anyone.  The tuning sequence then becomes: if freq is busy press 18 then 17 then 17 again.  If freq clear press 17 then press 17 again, and I never worry about hitting my tuner with too much power.

73  W9OY
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Lee
    Thanks for that explanation, I had a similar idea a while back and forgot to get around to adding the macro changes, and then forgot that I even considered it. Now to figure out which CP24 buttons I want it on.image
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

This setting allows for manual tx settings

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Standby and Operate change TX1
  • Ed_NZ1Q
    Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Hi guys,

I had this problem for a short time, happening randomly - at least it seemed so. I don't use DDUtil. It happened with the TX1 being disabled in the setup each time. My guess is that it somehow got into a saved profile after I setup TX2 to handle another box during xmit.

The problem has not reoccurred for some time. I suspect I resaved a problem profile and TX1 has worked perfectly since.

73  Eddy    NZ1Q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.